Tuesday, January 12, 2010

April, 2010 Tour Plans Almost Complete

After four months of constant phone calls, carefully making travel and hotel arrangements, and all that other fun stuff, my east coast tour is almost entirely put together. I'm currently just trying to squeeze in three more stops, but here is how the tour is looking so far:

  • April 6 - Vienna, VA
  • April 7 - Reston, VA
  • April 8 @ 12pm - Myrtle Beach, SC
  • April 8 @ 6:30pm - Conway, SC
  • April 9 - Jacksonville, FL
  • April 11 - Day Off for Rest
  • April 12 - Maryville, TN
  • April 14 & 15 - Norfolk, VA
  • April 16 - Day Off for Rest
  • April 17 - Cape May, NJ
  • April 18 - Montclair, NJ
  • April 19 @ 2pm - Ocean Pines, MD
  • April 19 @ 6:30pm - Snow Hill, MD
  • April 20 - Princess Anne, MD
  • April 21 @ 4pm & 7pm Dumont, NJ


The three locations that may be added within the next couple of weeks are:


  • April 5 - Washington, DC
  • April 10 - Atlanta, GA
  • April 13 - Durham, NC


With all the driving that I'm going to be doing, and with the relatively packed schedule, I felt it was important to include at least a couple of days where I could get some rest and also do some of the things that people don't generally associate with touring. Things like laundry, for example!


I'm thinking about making a separate section in my blog just for this particular tour, though I don't know how much free time I will really have to make entries. My past experience with touring and road trips have taught me that, when you reach the end of the day, all you really want to do is go to sleep! Another idea may be to just have a series of Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter status reports...a sort of "Tour Tweet" or "Update from on the Road". One way or another, I do think I should find some kind of way to document the tour so that all of my fans can get an inside look at things, and so that I can reference it later for any lessons learned.


So anyway, now that the tour is only a few months away, I need to start compiling my list of media contacts so that I can be ready to send out press releases and also schedule interviews on radio and in periodicals. Fortunately, I have had some help from a very trusted and hard working student of mine. He's been busy getting together a bunch of media outlets for me to pursue.


All in all, things are really coming together and I think that this tour is going to be quite successful. In fact, I'm already in the process of planning tours for the North East and the West Coast!


Written by Shenole Latimer