Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dinner, Comedy and Jazz

As I begin to wind down my performance career, the number of appearances that I will be doing with any of my quartet configurations will become fewer and far between.  However, one performance that I have coming up, that I'm looking forward to, will take place on May 4, 2013 in Amityville, New York.

On that evening, I will be appearing with my "funky" quartet line-up during an evening that will include great food and a comedian named Nigel Fullerton.  This is an event that I participated in last year in 2012, and a wonderful time was had by all.  It was an intimate setting and somewhat in formal, which gave it all the charm of a get-together with friends.  

This year, something new is being thrown into the mix in the before mentioned comic Nigel Fullerton.  Fullerton has an impressive background with appearances in the Jimmy Kimmel Show, Comedy Central, BET, ESPN, NFL commercials, and commercials for Infinity Insurance.  Rounding out the evening will be my funky quartet and, if you're familiar with any of my live performances, then you already know the kind of good time that entails!

Obviously there is a fee for being able to attend this event...$50 per person.  When you consider 5 hours of food, comedy and live music of the caliber that will be presented, it's a price that can't be beat after one considers how much it is possible to spend for almost any outing of this type.

Seating is limited, so I recommend that you purchase your tickets ahead of time by calling either (631) 789-4807, or (516) 769-9006.  The venue, Hollywood Lodge #92, is located at the corner of Coolidge Avenue and Rosewood Avenue (78 Coolidge Avenue), in Amityville, New York, 11701.  Festivities start at 7pm and will go until 11pm.  Here is a link for directions from Google Maps.