Thursday, April 9, 2009

Practice Log - 4/7/09 | Part II

This entry is for the practice session that I did on 4/7/09 late at night. I went straight to bed afterwards and so didn't get to make the entry then.


Vocabulary:
  1. Bebop Pivot Points in all 12 keys. Pivots on 5 and 4 in cycle of 4ths with 2 beat - 1 beat - o beat rest in between keys. 8th notes and then 16th notes with metronome @ 100pbm
    15 min
  2. worked on ii-V7-I's (all 12 keys) out of Aebersold volume 3. Did tritone substitutions and diminished relations over them as well.
    20 min

Improv:

  1. Took a simple song with ii-V7-I's in it ("Ladybird" from Aebersold volume 36) and applied what I did during my practice time with ii-V7-I's earlier.
    40 min

Transcription:

  1. started working on the head on alto sax solo on "Mel's Minor" by Dick Oats. Completed the head and the first chorus.
    1hr